Your journey to self-sufficiency is beyond the car.
Our ride program focuses on creating a plan to provide long-term assistance for all of our recipients’ transportation needs. The ride program offers educational classes that focus on sustainability planning and resource development, basic vehicle maintenance, and a discipleship and mentorship program. Our ride program adds an extra level of accountability that helps deter individuals from returning to old habits that kept them away from self-sufficiency.
All of our vehicles are donated “as is” with no warranty to our recipients. We conduct a quality multi-point inspection, and every vehicle is brought up to safety standards. However, our inspections still do not guarantee a problem-free vehicle, especially since most of our donated cars are older models with high mileage. Every recipient who attends and completes our ride program receives a six month/6,000 mile limited warranty.
Aftercare Program Requirements
All nominees must agree to the following:
- • Orientation class
- • Interview
- • Drug test
- • Must complete six mandatory classes/training
- • Complete all classes within 30 days of receiving their vehicle. They start immediately after approval and usually wait 5-7 weeks before receiving their vehicle.
- • 100% attendance is required.
- • Participate in an income-based savings plan (Chariots4Hope will match 1-1 up to $250, which must be applied to car repairs and maintenance)
- • Be in good standing with your Referring Organization.
- • Maintain vehicle insurance
- • Orientation Class (Required before receiving your vehicle)
- • Taking Inventory (1-1 personalized meeting that focuses on developing a long-term transportation plan)
- • Building Community (focuses on the importance of surrounding yourself with a healthy community)
- • Drive4Success (targets key components of securing and maintaining a reliable vehicle car insurance, car expenses, proper maintenance tips, etc)
- • Check-In (1-1 with Program Advocate; time to reflect, check-in and talk through current challenges and obstacles)
- • Defining Truth (provides a safe environment to learn what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This class provides biblical solutions to life’s greatest challenges facing our recipients.)
- • Planning For Your Future (assessment of personalized transportation plan, resource development and discusses next steps)