Join our Vehicle Assistance Program to gain freedom in a strong community .
Our recipients need reliable transportation, and we assist them in achieving it, plus more. As a recipient, you will join a great community that partners with you for your success, learning how to be a responsible vehicle owner, walking away equipped with the tools to succeed. You will gain knowledge of car maintenance and how to purchase a vehicle in the future. During the ride program, you will become a more responsible car owner, able to make informed decisions, develop yourself for future events, and be equipped with resources to stay self-sufficient, improve your life, and grow in a relationship with Christ.
Empowerment to self-sufficiency.
A primary goal of Chariots4Hope is to empower low-income families and individuals to reach and maintain self-sufficiency through car ownership and through our ride program. We restore donated cars that meet our quality standards and award them at affordable prices to eligible families who have been referred to us by one of our Referring Organizations.
Please reach out to an approved referring organization to inquire how to be referred to our program and receive reliable transportation.
To qualify for the Vehicle Assistance Program and receive a vehicle from Chariots4Hope, you MUST meet the following criteria. You must:
- Be referred by an approved Referring Organization.
- Must have participated in a Referring Organization’s program for at least 30 days.
- Be working, be retired, on permanent disability, or have a verifiable job offer or income.
- Be insurable and provide proof of auto insurance
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Must not have a working vehicle in their household.
- Be financially able to cover fees for registration, tags, and title.
- Must fall within predetermined income levels (see below).
- Must have a discretionary income of $250.
- Agree to our ride program that includes classes on sustainability planning, resource development, discipleship, budgeting, and car maintenance.
- Agree to attend an orientation class, interview, and drug test.
- Agree to the following form of payment $500.00 ($250.00 credit is available for those recipients who complete our ride program)
Please Note: We conduct a quality multi-point inspection on each vehicle, meeting safety standards. During the orientation class, we will explain the details of our warranty.
You may also visit our FAQ page for more information on receiving one of our donated vehicles.